14 September 2007

It's amazing what you can find

I was 'being inspired' by my links and visited Illustration Friday. This weeks topic is Momentum. I looked up the definition and this is one that I found which I think applies to my leaf.

Philosophy: An essential or constituent element; a moment.



About the leaf

I was looking through some of my old folders on my hard drive last night and I found several pieces of art that I had painted in Photoshop; just after I was gifted with my Wacom tablet. I was learning two new techniques, how to paint in Photoshop and how to use the Wacom. I wonder why I only ever made a few pieces? It's a lot of fun and the results are wonderful. There were techniques for trying to make your art look like oils or acrylics, but I had the most success with water colour.

The leaf is the first one I ever did. love Autumn leaves, they are so beautiful.

The quote, in case you can't read it says: Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower

I chose the quote because depending on where you are in the world, it's either Autumn or Spring.

8 comments:

Pierina said...

love your illo.. and the quote....so lovely!

Patricia said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have some neat ideas.

Flergs said...

It's spring here in Oz.

Love your art, gorgeous stuff.

Flergs said...

Well there you go! I just assumed you were from the US. I just assume eveyone at DST is from there hehe.

I'll be sure to keep reading your blog. PS: Great rain! We need it here. On stage 4 restrictions.

trudette, said...

Nice and tender, great illo.

SarahB said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Ernie said...

Love the quote. Love the illustration. I thought it was a photo that you'd played with...

Helena said...

It's beautiful!