26 October 2007

On wrecking the journal

Well, I have begun to further wreck my journal.

Yesterday, while waiting at the tram stop. it was raining, so I laid the journal down in the street, stood on it and twisted. It has some gorgeous scratches on the front now and some of the cover is coming off, which I need to tape.

I got my hands dirty when picking up the journal, as it was wet, so I finger printed on the finger print page. I had my daughter do the same when I picked her up from school, as she had been picking up falling leaves and flower petals.

I smeared some of my pages along fences on the way home. My daughter was completely intrigued with the concept, so I bought another journal today (the book store only had six copies out of a pile of 50 or more since Wednesday!). I don't know yet if I will give it to her.

When I got home, I picked some wet rose petals, which I placed in the journal. I haven't checked this out yet as it's still sitting under the bowl, being squished.

It's very therapeutic, it really is. More reports as I progress.

4 comments:

mizamigo said...

What a brave woman you are! I really want to do this; but I have to get the journal first. Thanks for telling about your experiences with wrecking. I think it's a great idea. Can you take a picture and show us what you have done so far?

d. said...

Hey, Karin! Just wanted you to know that you won the Big Giveaway on my blog: dblogala.typepad.com

Please e-mail me with your snail mail addy so I can ship it out to you!

Thanks,
Dawn

cindy said...

This sounds like so much fun! I think I might try it! Can't wait to see your wrecked journal!

Lucky said...

I love your banner!! That fontwork is awesome!

The journal sounds so fun. Enjoy it!