4 March 2008

Spatter brushes

I was playing around in Photoshop for a change :) I made some spatter type brushes. They simulate the effects you would get with using a toothbrush and paint, and rubbing your finger along the bristles. They aren't perfect, but it's Photoshop and it has it's limitations with brushes sometimes. I love Photoshop and the brushes, but yeah, I wish they had the ability of Illustrator brushes, that would be awesome!

Anyway, here's a preview (click on the image to get a bigger version):



Download link has expired.

If you like them, you can download them here. I made them in CS3 so have no idea if they work in older versions, as I have no way to check.

7 comments:

Lisa Joy said...

Thank you!

Amy Eileen said...

They are great!! :)

Mellykat said...

Thanks Karen, and once I try them in PS7 I'll let you know if it works!
Melany :)

P.S. Way to blog, you super-blogger! :) :) :)

mizamigo said...

Hey Karin! I love your splatter brushes and they work GREAT in PSE 5! Thank you so much.

Intense Magic said...

Thanks so much...they work just fine in CS2 :)

Sue Jones said...

I think it's time for a new blog post m'dear!! :)

Lumilyon said...

Ah1 The eternal quest for the perfect spatter brush! How many hours have I spent on that one???? Personally, I find Painter more satisfying in this respect but blending random scratches in Photoshop has been quite successful too. I shall certainly give these a try, thank you! Thank you too for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment x