30 March 2009

Vectors and Illustrator and Photoshop, Oh My

I've been playing around with converting photos to vectors. It's a lot harder than I thought it would, even with the Live Trace option in Illustrator. Anyhow, I finally converted a photo to a simple black and white line drawing, imported it into Photoshop, and had a play around there. I'm mostly happy with it, the only thing that annoys me no end is the hair! I added a funky background (courtesy of Illustrator) and turned it into a newsprint image. Looks even more newsy at a low resolution, I knew it was good for something.

Anyhow, here it, for what it's worth. I call her Snow White, mostly because of the fair skin, red lips and black hair (and because we watched Happily Never After 2 over the weekend).

2 comments:

Taluula said...

Karin, take a bow, this is just stunning. I love it loads.

indybev said...

WOW! What an interesting effect.