16 May 2009

The Kiss

After making my last post, I checked my blog roll and saw the theme to this week's Make A Moo Or Two was "A Kiss". I tried using one of the photos from our wedding two years ago, but it wouldn't work, so instead, I used this one. I took this in a hotel in Florence, Italy.

As the whole of Florence is steeped in history, I antiqued my photo. However, as my visit there was in this modern age, I added funky modern details like the paper and the swirly flight path of the bird. The bird itself transcends both the old and the new. Clever, huh? Especially as I just thought of this, yes, I'm making it up as I go along, but it works, hee hee. I originally made this as a 12 x 12 for another of my Altered Art Challenges. I moved this and changed that, but interestingly, it mostly remains the same.

7 comments:

liveart said...

Calming moo, yet the orange gives it energy!, like it!

Femmy said...

beautiful moo!!!

Char said...

Fabulous Moo. Love the image.

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous MOO

Harriet said...

Lovely moo!

Ozstuff said...

How beautiful! This is so creative and touching. I love how you have used a section of a classical statue in such an original background. Moos may be small but they can also be tiny pieces of art - and yours is definitely just that.

AngelaC said...

A really creative Moo - beautiful work!