23 September 2009

Typography

I confess, I love clever use of typography (not surprising, as I love words and all things wordy). So much so, that when our family watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on blue ray the other night, I was far more intrigued with the layout and type used on images of the Daily Prophet, than in the movie (story line lost due to inclusion of special effects, although not as bad as Goblet of Fire, which was pure drivel as a movie).

Anyhow, using words and type to make portraits has been around since forever, and there are some really wonderful modern interpretations using graphic programs. I found this nice and easy tutorial on PSDTopBlog, which I changed a little, as I didn't quite like my end result following the tut verbatim. This is what I came up with, using digi scrap stuff as well.

No comments: