18 April 2010

Mandalas

While searching for zentangle patterns and ideas, I came across mandalas (natural, if you think about it).  However, what I didn't expect was digital mandalas.  Oh yes!  Thanks to Sacred Circle Mandalas and Earth Mandalas, I've discovered a whole new obsession (other than the recent zentangle one, but more about that later).   They are so much fun to make and the results are fascinating (and being me, I've sped up the process by creating an action which draws my shapes and does all the niggardly rotation work). 

I love how different the mandalas look, depending on whether you've used a three, four, five, six or eight part template and the same image.

Here's one I made yesterday, which I've called Peace (click for bigger and better view).  It's pink and I still like it, which says something, as I do not like pink!


For those interested, here is the source image.

1 comment:

Coleen said...

Nice work Karin. Just dropping by to see what you've been doing. The mandalas are beautiful. I've wanted to learn the digital end of things, but just not there yet. You are doing great.