21 April 2010

Zentangle Postcard Swap

When I bought my Zutter binding machine, I joined a Yahoo group about mini books.  They host a lot of swaps, most of which I miss, as I'm generally dreadful when it comes to keeping deadlines.  However, one of the members came up with the idea of a zentangle postcard swap, which intrigued me enough to want to join, so I did.

I did a bunch of looking around on the web on zentangles (and cannot believe how much more information is out there compared to a few years ago) and come across some ideas that interested me.   One in particular was using a stamped face and zentangling around it.  Here's my take, using a partial vector face (the eyes, nose, mouth, chin, shoulder and basic hairline).   I chopped of two centimetres of art on the right hand side, as it didn't look right.  Not the best, but not the worst either.

2 comments:

Sigogglin said...

Karen - I truly love your idea for this piece! I have played with 'zentangles' myself, but at this point only on paper - very creative take here! I think it is quite stunning!

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

Nice work!