28 May 2010

Becoming tangled

I finished my zentangle postcards and then forgot to post them!  I must have packed my brain away the last time we put things into store. 

I scanned most of the cards before I sent them off, only one was missing.  I'll upload them as they arrive at their respective destinations, I don't want to spoil it for anyone. 

I ordered a book, Totally Tangled, from Amazon and it arrived on Wednesday.  I think I've read that book 10 times already.  I usually don't like ordering craft books sight unseen, but the author has a blog, Beez in the Belfry, so I was fairly certain that I would like her book.   I was right.  I see something new in it every time I look.   I highly recommend it.  

I'm still tangling away.  It's easy and fun to do.  I've got my little travel box now, so I can even do them when I'm waiting around for one reason or another.

It took me a little while to figure out how best to start.  I found that I couldn't work using the 'strings' method as recommended on the Zentangle website.  I also tried a 'griding' method, not a literal grid, but a sort of mapping out of areas.  That didn't work either.   I finally found that if I start with a single shape,  of any kind, even a figure 8, and just keep going, the designs just flow.

1 comment:

Shelly Beauch said...

Hi Karin
is south.. as in Tasmania?
Thank you for visiting my blog, you are very artistic and certainly imaginative. I have tried to work my way around photoshop but wow there is so much to learn. I have elements 5.0 which is quite basic compared to the full photoshop that is quite complicated. Have fun tangling.